May 6th marks the 100th x-dance class. Join us to get down and raw and present for this special class.
What makes this particular class a bit out-of-the-ordinary is that we will explore, through the dance, how it feels to move without a clear leader or follower.
This class offers a unique opportunity to dance with no facilitator – I will be right there on the floor with you and we’ll dance to a mix I will pre-record before class.
For some of us, this might be a great experiment and for others, we might prefer the held container of a facilitated class. And, of course, in different moments, we might need different things.
Please check in with yourself to decide if an un-facilitated, completely group-held space calls you <3 And register if it does!
Any questions, please reach out.
- Doors close at 19.45 , they open at 19.15 and class begins at 19.30. We close the doors promptly at 19.45 to help us create a positive holding for the class and for safety measures
- Please do not talk on the dance floor so you, and others, can drop into movement, sounds and noises without the distraction of words.
- Please do not use your cell phone during class so you can stay present and alive in your dance.
- When you love a track, just ask after class so you can enjoy that moment fully in all its glory.
What to bring
- Wear clothing that is comfortable to move (and sweat) in
- Bring a water bottle
- Foot wear is optional – indoor or dance shoes only –
most people dance barefoot
About Samar Linn
Samar has a promiscuous love affair with music, is enamored by dance and is a curious investigator of freedom of expression. She is a certified 5Rhythms® teacher, a trained Integrative Counselor and Bodyworker. Samar runs a range of workshops and regular classes to bring more curiosity to ourselves, openness to our uniqueness and permission to embrace the magic in daily life. Her raw attitude, vulnerability and fascination in ways to embody freedom of expression provide an electric, creative and safe environment.